Iffat -E- Faria (Rongtoru) is student of University of Melbourne, Australia. Her subject is Chemical Systems. She is also writer, entrepreneur and traveler. She has visited 16 country already. Nadim Majid takes her interview via email.
Question: Tell us your academic study?
Answer: I studied some institute in Bangladesh. There are Nihid School, Wills little flower, Motijheel ideal school, Pabna Govt. Girls High School, Rajshahi College and University of Dhaka. Now I am studying in Chemical Systems in University of Melbourne, Australia.
Question: University of Melbourne is prominent university of Australia. Tell us what opportunity and scholarship of Bangladeshi student.
Answer: There is a list of scholarships here: https://futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/admissions/scholarships
Question: When they started application process of graduate, post-graduate and higher studies?
Answer: Application closing dates*
- Semester 1: late December
- Semester 2: 31 May
- Semester 1 entry: 4 November (for commencement in February of the following year) – extended from 31 October due to online application outage
- Semester 2 entry: 30 April (for commencement in July)
Before submitting applications for the following courses please confirm the closing date with the relevant faculty or graduate school.
- Doctor of Optometry: Refer to theFaculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences website.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: 20 December
- Graduate Dental Science, Medicine, Physiotherapy coursework programs: See theFaculty website
- Graduate Engineering & IT coursework programs: Refer to theMelbourne School of Engineering/Melbourne School of Information website
- Graduate Physiotherapy coursework programs: 1 September
- Melbourne JD: See theMelbourne Law School website
Late applications may be accepted in special circumstances, however students are advised to apply as early as possible to avoid visa delays.
Question: How much living cost for one student without scholarship?
Answer: Tuition fees 18000 AUD – 26000 AUD, Living expense – 18600 AUD fixed by the govt. (1 AUD=60 Taka)
Question: Why did you choose Chemical Systems?
Answer: My mother wanted me to be an Engineer. And I do not plan to go for jobs, I had good IELTS Score (8.0) so decided to apply here. And voila!
Question: You are CEO of Pastel, an e-commerce company. Is it barrier of your study and others work?
Answer: Not at all. Pastels is all about passion and creativity. I do it as a hobby of mine, for recreation. And I am studying with open credit, so it never bothered me with my educational life. Fiha and Nazaera is the sister concern of pastels. I am maintaining them quite well.
Question: Share us something if you want to add.
Answer: I am curious to know more about the world, I travel a lot. Recently completed the SAARC tour (Couldn’t step out of Afghanistan airport because security concerns) I have visited 16 countries, plan to travel Europe soon. I love working for social welfare. I work with UNICEF, Save The Children, as child related case specialist. And also at the Daily Ittefaq and Bangla Tribune as a contributor.